THE AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT
Accelerating Community Recovery
The American Rescue Plan Act has begun disbursing hundreds of billions of dollars to state and local governments for pandemic recovery and to promote economic development. Prioritizing allocation of funds to generate maximum effect on your local economy presents unique challenges and tremendous opportunities.
GPS' national team of experts will help optimize the impact of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) federal funding. Many communities used CARES Act funds for business loans, grants, and to subsidize activities for shifting business models to accommodate pandemic restrictions or offer new and improved pathways to economic growth. ARPA provides communities with broader latitude for eligible use of funds which can be spent through December 31, 2024. The first step is starts a comprehensive assessment and prioritizing of community needs .
The GPS team has developed strategic planning, recovery, resiliency, and business support programs for communities and Economic Development Organizations throughout the United States, using both tried and true approaches as well as innovative new programs including revolving loans funds, grants, technical assistance, and in-kind support to businesses, non-profits, and households.
ARPA GOVERNMENT FUNDING ELIGIBLE USES
• Strategic planning and impact studies to address the negative economic effects of the pandemic
• Block grants to non-profits and other organizations supporting economic recovery
• Hospitality and tourism promotion initiatives
• Investments to support broadband/water/sewer infrastructure
• Other public infrastructure expenditures must demonstrate how the expenditure addresses a negative economic harm caused by the pandemic.
• COVID 19 related Public health related initiatives
• Premium pay to essential workers or employers
• Small business grants/loans/technical assistance & aid to impacted industries
• Workforce development, skills training, job placement services for unemployed workers
• Affordable housing in qualified census tracts
• Cash/program assistance to households & child care.
THE GPS ADVANTAGE
The GPS team brings 250+ years of combined transactional experience representing $15 billion of private investment in 40 states and hundreds of communities. We are obsessed with fostering development of local economies. Our team are nationally recognized experts for resiliency & disaster recovery planning, highest & best land use analysis, launching business incubators, talent attraction, education, infrastructure, incentive policymaking, business attraction marketing, & demand based workforce strategies.
All engagements are led by career Economic Developers tailored to the unique needs and resources of each community. Recommendations are rooted in data analytics and informed by local stakeholder engagement to match the needs of local businesses and workers, and reflect a commitment to inclusion, diversity and environmental responsibility.
GPS navigates communities towards inclusive and lasting prosperity by making efficient, appropriate, and enduring use of American Rescue Plan Act funds:
• Making available sites infrastructure and shovel ready for development.
• Accelerate digital transformation from retailing to
e-tailing utilizing e-commerce websites, social media, search engine optimization, & multichannel sales.
• Creating demand-based skills training programs partnering with local employers, colleges & universities.
• Creating & marketing dynamic live/work/play talent & business attraction programs.
THE GPS AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN CORE TEAM